If you would like to request a reservation, please use our Reservations Form
Welcome To Courtesy Car Rentals on St John, US Virgin Islands
You can make this your best vacation ever. We know you will find a location for your vacation on St.John US Virgin Islands and hope it will be relaxing and enjoying by renting a car. Please be advised that in the US Virgin Islands we drive on the left side of the road. Our office is closed on July 4th, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. No pick up or returns can be made on these days.
Our office hours are from 8am – 6pm, seven days a week. If you will be arriving after 6pm, an evening number will be provided to call on your reservation confirmation.
St. John USVI 00831 Email: email@example.com Tel (340) 776-6650
Tel (340) 776-6651 Fax (340) 776-6734 TOLL FREE (866) 776-4228
Terms and Conditions
- The rental agreement is the contract between Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc and the renter.
- It Requires the renter’s signature and lists total charges and conditons of rental.
- All drivers must meet the renting minimum age requirements, have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and present a major credit card in his/her own name at the time of rental.
- A Minimum of 4 days is required for all reservation made in advance. Walk in are welcome and may rent a vehicle for one or more days
- Reservation can be made by telephone for immediate assistance between 8am –6pm Atlantic Standard time 7 days a week.
- A deposit of $100 in the form of credit card or check is required to reserve a vehicle.
- A reservation is confirmation of a vehicle with a deposit which is reserved for a customer, on a specified date, at an agreed upon base rate price plus taxes,surcharges and fees. Taxes, surcharges and fees are subject to change.
- Modifications to a reservation could result in a change in rate.
- After we have receipt of the $100 deposit, this provides guarantee and a confirmation will follow by email, fax or by mail. Please state your preference.
CANCELLATION / NO SHOW:
- Cancellation are accepted up to two weeks before reservation date. If the reservation is not cancelled the deposit of the $100 will be forfeited. If reservation is cancelled more than two weeks in advance the $100 deposit will be refunded.
- Renter must present an acceptable credit card with available credit in their own name at the time of rental, in the form of AMERICAN EXPRESS, MASTERCARD OR VISA.
- Signature on back must match name imprinted on card.
- We do accept debit cards. Please be aware that all renters using Visa / MC Logo Debit Card will have to purchase the CDW on the vehicle. No Exceptions.
- Full payment is due upon vehicle returned and maybe in CASH, TRAVELLERS CHECK, AMERICAN EXPRESS, MASTERCARD, VISA OR DEBIT CARD. We do not accept personal check for the balance of payment.
DEBIT CARD ADVISORY:
When using a VISA or MASTER debit card, please note the following:
- We will place an authorization hold on your account for the estimated amount of the rental; plus an additional debit hold of $150. The hold of these funds will not be available for you until your contract is closed.
- f the vehicle is not returned on or before your due date, we will put an additional hold to cover expected rental charges.
- When the vehicle is returned we will charge the balance amount due and any unused portion of the debit hold will return on your card.
- Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental will not be responsible for any returned checks due to credit hold.
DRIVER’S LICENSE REQUIREMENT:
- In order to rent from Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc a valid US or international driver’s license is required and must be in hand at time of rental. Renters must present a valid readable un-expired license.
- No photocopies are accepted.
- Temporary driver’s license are accepted only if for change of residence or replacement of lost or stolen license. If no photo ID, the description on the license must match that of the renter.
- It is the drivers responsibility to ensure that he/she has the appropriate driving license.
- Persons with an international license must purchase an international permit to drive on the Island. International permits are available at Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental at a cost of $25.00 and are valid for a period of 30 days.
(US mainland and its territories are exempt to this permit)
- The primary renter is the driver that is listed first on the rental agreement.
- This person will be held responsible for the vehicle.
- All additional driver’s must meet ALL rental qualifications in regard to age and driving record as well as all other stardard rental qualifications.
- Must appear at the rental counter with the primary renter. Must present a valid drivers license and must sign the rental agreement.
- A charge of $5 per day for each additional driver.
- The renter of the vehicle must be 25 years of age. Anyone under the age of 25 or over 65 permitted to drive the vehicle is not covered by the insurance.
- Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc. reserves the right to refuse rental of a vehicle if the renter demonstrates inability to handle road rules and conditions.
- It is illegal to drink and drive.
- It is illegal to drive on beaches and washed out roads.
- Shuttle service is offered at Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc. The service transports customers to and from our office to the ferry dock and hotels located nearby only. It is a courtesy service but if you wish tips are welcome.
- Gas is not included in the rate charged.
- At the time of pick up renter receives a full tank of gas and must be return the same. At the end of the rental period if gas is not return full, renter will pay Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, inc for gas used but not replaced.
- Price per gallon will be higher than local fuel prices.
PARKING AT RENTAL LOCATION:
- Free customer parking is available at the rental location at anytime.
MECHANICAL DIFFICULTIES / ACCIDENT:
- Emergency roadside assistance or accident, renter must notify Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc immediately within 24 hours of any accident, and will likely be required to complete an accident report for Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc records and your own. This report is for both parties protection, and is particularly important for insurance purpose.
- All accidents must be reported to the police and a report be completed.
- Statements made may become a permanent part of the accident report. Renter must be truthful and accurate, as statements may be used in legal claims.
- Once the accident report is completed, renter should be able to continue their trip.
- Depending on the circumstances of the accident Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc reserves the right not to supply a replacement vehicle right away.
- Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc customers in need of emergency road side assistance can call the specific numbers provided at the time of pick up.
- Renter must notify Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc of any traffic violations given. If a traffic violation is not reported and Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc becomes aware after the rental has been returned, the renter credit card will be charged the traffic violation fee plus any additional court and service charge fees.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RENTAL:
- Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc holds the renter responsible for the safe return of the vehicle in the same condition as it was rented. The renter shall be responsible for all damages, injuries or death resulting from negligent operation of the vehicle; and shall hold harmless and indemnify of any claim,suit or expenses arising there from.
- Unless prohibited by law, a renter may be held responsible for all damages, including loss of use, should the vehicle be damaged in an accident, stolen or vandalized. This is the case regardless of fault. Whether who is at fault in the accident, the renter may be asked to pay for the damage up to and including the total cost of replacing the vehicle in case of a total wreck or loss.
- Be sure any estimated damages to the vehicle has been recorded properly before leaving the rental location.
- Removal of vehicle tops are not allow due to damage. A fee of $85 will apply if remove.
- Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, inc takes pride in the cleanliness of their vehicles. There will be an additional fee for vehicle returned messy (excessive mud, sand, etc.)
COLLISON DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW):
- Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc offers you the renter and authorized drivers the optional purchase of Collision Damage Waiver (CDW). CDW is not insurance. It is a waiver of $14 per day if purchase ,Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc collects from the renter for the loss or damage to the rental vehicle.
- A $1,500 deductible applies to the purchase of the CDW.
- Renter who wish to decline the CDW must show proof of insurance. Before you travel, be sure to contact your insurance agent or credit card insurance about coverage in the US Virgin Islands.
- Renter should not assume they are protected without getting the facts.
- Renter is responsible for obtaining verification from their insurance coverage and travel with that proof.
CHILD SAFETY SEAT:
- Courtesy Car/Jeep Rental, Inc offer their customers child safety seat for rental at a fee of $5 per day. Safety seats is mandatory for any child 5 years of age and under in the US Virgin Islands.
- This product is subject to availability.
- If your arrival time is not available at the time of reservation, please make sure that you contact us with that information before hand or you can also call on St.Thomas before taking the ferry so we can meet upon arrival on St. John.
- We do meet all our customers upon arrival at the ferry terminal on St.John, and we also accommodate at no charge late arrivals past 6pm up until 8:30pm ferry. In the event of an arrival after the 8:30pm ferry a fee may apply.
- Return time of all vehicles is 10am. If the vehicle is kept longer past the return time an hourly fee will apply and that varies depends on vehicle type.